Saturday, 26 April 2014

Need a little bold or pretty?

I love organization and one place I find it's an absolute must is my purse. This week, I was introduced to All that is Pretty cosmetic bags by designer Erin Pierce. Not having an extensive makeup collection, my first thought was - another great organizing bag! It warmed my heart to learn that each bag is hand sewn and influenced by the designer's time in Africa. Canadian-born, Erin lived in Kenya for 2 years and was inspired by a piece of clothing traditionally worn by Kenyan men, the kikoy. All of her bags are made from 100% authentic kikoy (a cotton material). The designer's connection to the country not only influenced her material choice, but her desire to give back - 10% of the proceeds from each bag are donated to onevibeafrica.org, an inspiring arts organization for youth. I love hearing the story behind a designer's collection and this one left me feeling incredibly satisfied.

So aside from their very cool roots, why do I love these bags? 

1) They're Canadian
2) They're handmade
3) They're well-sewn with sturdy zippers - an absolute must for a cosmetic bag.
4) Their fun and bold patterns


The Bags

A stack of pretty!

Large cosmetic bag
$32

Medium cosmetic bag
$30

Small cosmetic bag
$25

What's in my purse

These cute little cosmetic bags help keep my purse
organized. I use one for my keys, cell phone charger,
ear buds, cosmetics and my stylist's tools.

I'm looking to add this All that is Pretty bag to
my collection!
Photo from allthatispretty.ca

All that is Pretty cosmetic bags are available on Etsy
For more information about All that is Pretty visit allthatispretty.ca.


No comments: